The property has recently been refurbished to a high standard and sleeps 3 people. However, 4 can be accommodated comfortably (with prior notice).
Prices available on request.
The Old Forge
7 Upper Dodds Lane
Guests are supplied with the comprehensive Welcome File, Inclusive of the following:
- A full list of all local amenities.
- Local doctors, Dentists, Hospital and Emergency service details.
- Property Health and Safety information.
- Fire evacuation procedure.
- Operating instructions for the equipment available at the property.
- A large selection of leaflets giving information about local places of interest.
Alnwick Town is easily accessed from both the North & Southbound A1 turn off at the junction for the A1068 which runs into the town centre. To get to The Old Forge, turn left at the traffic
lights sign posted B6341 Rothbury (onto Hotspur Street) this is situated directly before the arched entrance to Alnwick town centre (Bondgate Tower), after approximately ½ mile turn right onto St.
Michaels Lane directly opposite the Church. The Old Forge is accessed both via the double green painted gates approximately 50 metres on the left of St Michaels Lane, this entrance will lead you
through a traditional stone built Forge yard archway, leading across the courtyard to the front entrance of the property.
The Old Forge is also accessible by a pedestrian walkway on Upper Dodd’s Lane which runs in parallel with St Michaels Lane. A Permit parking is provided for St Michaels Lane.
- The main entrance is via a shared stone archway. There are 2 steps leading to the front door.
- The rear of the property is accessed via 2 stone steps leading from the court yard.
- The private courtyard has a surrounding stone wall, an outdoor patio table and seating for 4 is made available, making the area ideal for al fresco dining or simply sitting enjoying a drink in
Kitchen & Lounge
- The front entrance opens to a large well equipped kitchen/diner with breakfast bar and dining table & chairs for 4 people.
- The kitchen area is fully fitted and equipped with integral washing machine, dishwasher, under bench fridge with freezer compartment, electric oven with ventilated hob and microwave.
- Within the kitchen is the Condensing boiler which controls the central heating system.
- The Kitchen is fitted with a wall mounted 32” flat screen HD TV with free view.
- The Kitchen/Diner is fitted with double solid oak panelled doors which lead to the luxurious lounge area containing a large L shaped sofa and cuddle chair.
- The Lounge is equipped with a wall mounted 42” flat screen TV and separate DVD player.
- The rear external door is situated within the lounge providing access to the courtyard.
Hallway and stairs
- Within the hallway is a under stairs storage cupboard containing a Hoover, ironing board & iron clothes airier and cleaning accessories.
- The heating thermostat controller is situated in this area.
- The hall leads onto an attractive winding staircase leading to the first floor.
The first floor is situated within the eaves of the forge, the windows are Velux design and the rooms’ provide a traditional cottage aspect.